P.O. Box 92533
Southlake, TX 76092
Gary N Schragin
Commercial Real Estate Broker with 22 years of experience in Texas Real Estate & Development.
Formal education in the real estate development discipline and many years of successful, practical application at municipal, state, and federal agency levels.
A Real Estate specialist in multiple disciplines with an innate ability to interact with engineers, designers, investor partners and governing processes, in matters including permits, entitlements, right-of-ways, zoning, etc.
Provide immediate value-add to investors by yielding significant profit margins to real estate acquisitions prior to development.
Problem solver with business acumen and an advanced skillset in all technical aspects of real estate that takes the fiduciary commitment of the client seriously.
Vigilant practitioner who works enthusiastically and consistently produces value exceeding expectations by unlocking the potential in investment properties overlooked by most.
Willing to take on challenges that will utilize his experience and tenacity to achieve results to benefit your organizations desired business plan and sales goals.
Delivers deal points and concepts that inspire clients to pursue additional commercial opportunities.
• Feasibility Study. Site Inspection; Document & Title Review; Zoning; Broker Price Opinions and Valuation; Disposition Strategy (often Contracting Sale of value add entitlement &/or development prior to Closing Acquisition)
• Entitlement. Relocation and abandonment of major Utility structures and Easements; City and D.O.T. R.O.W.s; Blanket Easement Issues; Corps of Engineer and FEMA restrictions; Reversion of Easements and
Encumbrances to Developer; Change of municipal jurisdiction; and obtained Entitlements from Army
Corps of Engineers (CLOMR & LOMR); Zoning, and Zoning changes
• Zoning. Auto Dealership; Hotel; Multi-Family; Senior Living; Industrial; Single Family Lot & Block
Development; Commercial; Office; High-rise; Amusement Park; Sports Complex; Outdoor Advertising
• Acquisitions. Major Commercial, High Profile Sites; Large Scale Residential Development Sites;
Industrial Projects; Multi-Parcel Assemblage; Mineral; Crop; Ranch; Short and Long Term Investments
And Tenant Representation
• Development. Industrial, Commercial, Residential (over 1,800 Lots), Multi-Family, Amusement, Sports Complex, Office; Development Consultation, Coordination, Management, and Municipal Liaison
• Asset Management. Division Manager of a four state division of $30 Million assets over $9 Million
Annual revenue; Leased Assets; Retail Assets; Federal & State Regulated; Property Management
• Property Management. Industrial Complex; S-F Residential Rental Assets; and Office
• Disposition. Entitled/Zoned, value-add Land, Assets and Projects; High Value Assets and Portfolios;
Industrial, Multi-Family, Retail, Office, Ranch, Mineral, Productive Land, and Developed Sites
• Commercial Real Estate
• Expert Witness for real estate litigation
• Created Residential “Builder Programs” and Contracts for Development Lot Consumption
• Served on North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors Forms Committee, reviewing and making
recommendations of changes to promulgated contracts used by commercial brokers
● Appraisal Experience
● Asset Inventory Software
● Feasibility Study
● Civil Engineering/Survey Coordination
● Brokerage Management
● Municipal Liaison
● Taxation Review & Analysis
● Loss Mitigation
● Development and Management
● Entitlement & Zoning
● Staff Management
● Commercial Sales
● Property Management
● Extensive Design Work
● Contract Resolution
● Microsoft Ofc Suite
Broker/President, Landhold Advisors, Inc (2001 to Present)
Commercial Real Estate Brokerage
● Transaction/Contract Review, Negotiation and Management
● General Brokerage Management. Database, MLS, Contacts Management, etc.
● Acquisition and Disposition
● Property Management of residential and commercial real estate
Appraisal, Real Estate
● Completed core courses for Appraisal Licensing as a registered Appraisal Trainee with Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board. Provided appraisal service to clients in commercial, land, & income producing assets. Provided clients (& appraisers) with Broker Price Opinions
Entitlement, Feasibility & Analysis
● Site selection, determine Highest & Best Use and Market Research
● Very successful track record working through government processes with municipalities and government agencies, including FEMA, ADA, TCEQ, and Certificated Utility Districts
● Numerous zoning cases, Expert Witness Services, Tax Valuation Disputes
● Completed course curriculum for real estate appraisal and worked under General Appraiser
● Proficient with numerous pro forma software platforms
● Accomplished in procurement & abandonment of R.O.W.s, easements, and zoning disputes
● Manage development projects
● Effectively working with Project Managers and contractors
● Procurement of permits, Certificates of Occupancy, CLOMRs, etc.
Director of Real Estate, Lha Property Management (2006 to Present)
● Acquisition of Asset for client. Heavy Industrial and Residential
● Property Rehab/Maintenance/Collections
● List/Lease Negotiations and Contracts
● Work with brokerages and agents
● Full service provider- account management, deposits and distributions
Director of Real Estate Development, Starnes Consulting, Inc. (civil engineer firm) (1997 to 2001)
● Business Development and Sales- procurement of projects and developer clients
● Located sites optimal for development as SF (over 2,000 lots), MF, or Senior Living residential
● Promoted & demonstrated the value of developments to municipalities, highly effective at gaining support from elected officials.
● Intimate knowledge of entitlement, working with municipality staff for efficient submittals
● Worked with client, engineer, surveyor, and architects to aid in concept planning
● Identified clients’ needs and developed a strategic marketing plan and recommended appropriate budgets that ensured results
● Often, Pre-Sold zoned product to End-Users prior to Closing on our Acquisition
President, Full House International, Inc (1989 to 1996)
● Contracted Tarrant County land
● Secured zoning and permits from Army Corps of Engineers and all applicable municipalities
● Acquired the Land
● Negotiated entry into the city of Grapevine, TX city limits
● Municipality Liaison
● Developed facility and promoted use thereof
Texas A&M Commerce
and Professional License Course Providers.